Appointed to the National Council on the Humanities, August 2019
Elected to the National Advisory Board for the National Museum of Women in the Arts. She attended her first board meeting in Washington, DC, in April 2018.
- Presented paper at the Art and Future: Energy, Climate, Culture Symposium, Otago University, Dunedin School of Art, Dunedin New Zealand, October 2016
- Published paper, “When Plants Become Precious: Art, Culture and Environmental Crisis” in the Universal Journal of Plant Science 3(4): 77-86, 2015
Paper: “Gone in a Flash, the camera as a tool for making graffiti” at the PhotoHistory/PhotoFuture Conference at The Rochester Institute of Technology. April, 2018
Appointed to the position of Lead Researcher and Archivist for the Estate of Michael Brewster. Brewster was a sonic artist active between 1970-2016. His work is in the Guggenheim as well as the Panza Collection in Milan, Italy.
Paper: “There is no Outside the Research” at the biannual national Foundations in Art: Theory and Education (FATE) Conference, Columbus, OH 2019
Solo Exhibition: My Topology, Brookings Art Council. Brookings, SD, 2019
Elected to the Board of the Kansas Association of Community Foundations (KACF), December 2017
Paper: “The Dialogical Museum: Authority and Answerability in a Multicultural World” for the Tenth International Conference on the Inclusive Museum. Manchester Museum, Manchester, UK. September 15-17, 2017
Named the Foster Chair in Contemporary Art Theory and Practice and Distinguished Curator-in-Residence at Emerson College. Boston, MA. June 2019.
Co-curated: "John Preus: The Beast (Herd Mentality)," at Montserrat College of Art, February 2018
Curatorial Contribution: Legacy of Lynching: Confronting Racial Terror in America at the Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery at Haverford College, October 26-December 16, 2018
Panel: AMBUSHED: Pussy Grabs Back Y'all: Female Exhibitionism in Art and Performance at the SECAC Conference, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, October 2018
Paper: “Arctic Environmental Challenges through Virtuality” to be presented at the AICA Congress 2018 in Taiwan. November 2018
Solo show at Pleiades Gallery, NYC, October 30 November 24, 2018
Invited to a month-long postdoctoral residential intensive in South India sponsored by the Indian Council of Philosophical Research and the Center for Phenomenological Studies, September - November 2017.
- Presented paper at the Conference: KZM: The Real of Reality: Philosophy and Film, Karlsruhe, Germany, November 2-6, 2016
- Currently pursing a Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, in hopes of using Existential Therapy in concert with her PhD to assist clients in addressing issues of wellness, creative freedom, relationship navigation, and academic underachievement.
- Exhibition, Recent Paintings, on view at Biotek Industries, May 2015
Currently organizing a traveling exhibition of her Women and Power series to show at independent bookstores and libraries nationally. The first show runs Feb 23 - April 6th at the Chatham Bookstore on Main St. in Chatham, NY (catalog to accompany the exhibitions forthcoming).
Paper: “Toward a Theory of Optimism” at the Beverly salon in September 2018. Her article, “The Future Imperfect” will be published in the upcoming annual journal of the Beverly salon, Beverly Philosophy Journal. Vol 1. (Title to come)
- Presented paper, “Theoretical Issues Related to Art and Design: Empathy and Judgment in Contemporary Art Practice” at the PCA/ACA National Conference, April 2017
- Presented at the “Invisibility and Unfinalizability in the Field of Art and Aesthetics” at The Third Nomadikon and Center for the Ethics of Seeing Conference, Fall 2016
Publication: “Centers for Democratic Public Life: Learning as a Deliberative Democratic Practice.”Coauthor with Alice Diebel. Higher Education Exchange (2019): 17-28.
Presented: “The Space of Appearance: Creating a World Together.” A Putative Life of Hannah Arendt. Symposium. The Eli Wiesel Center, Boston University. May 2018
Forthcoming publication: “Street Art, Political Activism, and Surveillance” in The Revolution Will Be Live! Social Practice Art in Turbulent Times, edited by Kristina Olson & Eric Schruers (Routledge Press). (peer review)
Publication: "Care-Giving, Human Capital, and Genetically Engineered Children in the Twenty-First Century" in "New Maternalisms": Tales of Motherwork (Dislodging the Unthinkable), edited by Roksana Badruddoja (Demeter Press). ISBN 978-1-77258-000-6 (peer review)
Paper: “Klimt's Portrait of Adele Bloc-Bauer: The Polyphonic Relationship of a Painting, Its Collectors, and Collections." Southeastern College Art Conference (SECAC), Sarasota, FL, October 2014
Chaired: IDSVA & Christie's Auction House Symposium “Mapping the Global Art Economy.” January 2014
Panelist: The Experience of Art featuring Artist-Philosopher Dr. Jennifer Hall in conversation with Dr. Vidette Asher, Neuroscience Researcher, Peabody Essex Museum. Monserrat College, March 1, 2018
Published, "Autopoietic Aesthetic as a Lens for Interactive Art "in the forthcoming book, Aesthetics and the Embodied Mind, Springer Verlag, Düsseldorf ,Germany, Fall 2015
- Presented paper, "Display Holography in Art Practice: An Exploration of Interference," The Image Conference, University of California at Berkeley, October 29-30, 2015
- Presented paper “The Interference of Art” Crossing Boundaries: Inclusion, Exclusion, Marginalization and the Hegemonic Making of Societies of Difference, Masaryk University, Czech Republic, Sept. 13, 2014
Paper: “Art as Information Ecology” at the SLSA (Society for Literature, Science and the Arts) Europe conference at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark, June 2018
Panel Chair: “Art and Aesthetics in the Era of Artificial Intelligence” at the SECAC conference, Birmingham Alabama, October 2018