Paper: “A (Tiger’s) Leap into the Past” at the Salish Sea Aesthetics Workshop in Vancouver, BC, May 2019
Appointed Assistant Professor of Fine Arts, teaching two sections of Art Appreciation, at DigiPen Institute of Technology. Redmond, WA, Fall 2017
Check out what our students are up to! On this page you will find studnet acheivements listed out alphabetically by last name.
Paper: "Can Tragedy be Kitsch?," American Society for Aesthetics Eastern Division Annual Conference, Philadelphia, April 5, 2019
Co founded: Studio EA, a multi discipline creative firm focussing on architecture, art and collaboration. January 2019
Awarded: Arts4All Teaching Artist Residency: Collier County Department of Juvenile Justice. Naples, FL. February 2019
- Promoted, Curator of Innovation and Contemporary Culture at the Alaska Humanities Forum, 2017
- Paper: “In the Mouth of the Woolf: Intersubjective Consciousness in The Waves," Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association (PAMLA) Conference. Portland, OR, October 2015
- Solo Exhibition: "Uncommon & Uncanny," Johnson Fine Arts Center Gallery (scheduled), NSU, Aberdeen, SD, 2018
- Promoted to Full Professor & Chair of the Art & Theatre Depts. at Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD, August 2017
Appointed: Interim Chair, Department of Humanities, Paine College, Augusta, GA.
Panel Chair: Conference on the Harlem Renaissance, 2019. Keynote Scholar David C. Driskell, October, 2019
Paper: “Line as the Essence of Becoming-Artist” at the 2019 American Society for Aesthetics Salish Sea Workshop, Philosophy Department, University of British Columbia, May 10-11, 2019
Recipient: American Society for Aesthetics Student Travel Grant to present paper at the Salish Sea Workshop, University of British Columbia, May 2019
Appointed Chair of the Writing Program and Instructor of Writing and Digital Literacy at Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio, 2019
Panel at the 2019 meeting of the American Association of Colleges and Universities in January on the art of the interview, and using dialogue to facilitate deeper learning in the communities surrounding rust-belt liberal arts colleges.
Appointed: Executive Director, T.W. Wood Gallery. Burlington, VT, May 2019
Solo Exhibition: Mercy Gallery, Loomis Chaffee School, Windsor, CT, January 2015
Awarded: Lifetime Achievement Award from Marla Quilts, Inc. African American Quilt Museum and Textile Academy, April 2019
Awarded: UMEZ Engagement Grant for a Fall 2019 multi-venue event. February 2019.
Group Exhibition, Office Space Gallery, “D Construction: Metamorphosis of the City,” Detroit, MI. Summer 2018
Exhibition Review: "An Encounter, a Work: Jean Clemmer & Salvador Dali," COOPH Magazine, 10 Corso Como Gallery, New York, NY. Winter 2019
- Paper: "Technological Metamorphosis: Ontological Work Performed Through Body and Technology." at 73rd annual SECAC Conference. Roanoke, VA, October 19-22, 2016
- Panelist: "The Space of Art" featuring Montserrat College of Art, Professor of Humanities Kate Farrington in conversation with artist John Preus. Monserrat College, February 15, 2018
- Paper: "Place' through a Feast of the Five Senses: A Philosophical Consideration of Robin Kahn's 2012 art project dOCUMENTA (13): 'Dining in Refugee Camps: The Art of Sahrawi Cooking.'" in the panel, "Uneasy Feasts" at Pacific Association for the Continental Tradition Conference (PACT) 7th annual meeting, Seattle University, September 24-26, 2015, Seattle, WA
Paper: “Hilando Fino, Iteraciones (Fine Threadings, Iterations),” Destejer los Hilos de la Memoria (Unknitting Memory's Threads) Conference, Quito, Ecuador. October, 2018
Artist Residency and Partial Fellowship: Studios at MASS MoCA, January 2019
Group Exhibition: "Somewhere down the line, there's a fine line between a deadline and the bottom line," NARS Foundation, Brooklyn, NY, September 2018
- Appointed: Part-Time Faculty. Parsons School of Design, New York, NY, 2017
- Publication: "Interview with Simone Rocha," The Travel Almanac Magazine, 2017
Paper: "Time as commodity: Engaging 'I-Gen' by Finding the Artistic Voice" Foundation in Art Theory and Education biannual conference, Columbus College of Art & Design in Columbus, OH. April 2019
Panelist: "Reinventing Curricular Structures: Merging Student Voice, Studio Pedagogy and Creativity." Foundation in Art Theory and Education biannual conference, Columbus College of Art & Design in Columbus, OH. April 2019
Panelist: Body Maneuvers: Radical Shifts in Caribbean Transnational Identities. Caribbean Studies Association (CSA) 2018. Havana Cuba, June 4-8, 2018.
Choreographer: The Rite of Spring. Festival Ballet Providence. Providence, RI. March 2018.
- Accepted into juried exhibition, Visions of the Flint Hills, Buttonwood Art Space, Kansas City, Missouri, Juror: Lisa Grossman, October 2017
- Accepted into juried exhibition, Art of Living Photography Show, ACCI Gallery Berkeley, California, Juror: David Garnick, September 2017