- Appointed Assistant Professor of Fine Arts, teaching two sections of Art Appreciation, at DigiPen Institute of Technology. Redmond, WA, Fall 2017
- Paper: Pacific Association for the Continental Tradition Conference( PACT). San Francisco, CA, September 2017
Check out what our students are up to! On this page you will find studnet acheivements listed out alphabetically by last name.
Co founded: Studio EA, a multi discipline creative firm focussing on architecture, art and collaboration. January 2019
Awarded: Arts4All Teaching Artist Residency: Collier County Department of Juvenile Justice. Naples, FL. February 2019
- Promoted, Curator of Innovation and Contemporary Culture at the Alaska Humanities Forum, 2017
- Paper: “In the Mouth of the Woolf: Intersubjective Consciousness in The Waves," Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association (PAMLA) Conference. Portland, OR, October 2015
- Solo Exhibition: "Uncommon & Uncanny," Johnson Fine Arts Center Gallery (scheduled), NSU, Aberdeen, SD, 2018
- Promoted to Full Professor & Chair of the Art & Theatre Depts. at Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD, August 2017
Appointed: Interim Chair, Department of Humanities, Paine College, Augusta, GA.
Panel Chair: Conference on the Harlem Renaissance, 2019. Keynote Scholar David C. Driskell, October, 2019
- Participant: "Residencies Reflected" Symposium, Helsinki, Finland. November 2016
- Paper: “Line as the Essence of Becoming-Artist,” in the session "Philosophic Formalism," at the 2016 SECAC Conference. Roanoke, VA, Oct 19-22, 2016
- Received: Southwestern Ohio Consortium for Higher Education (SOCHE) Faculty Excellence Award in Service, September, 2017
- Received: Biennial post secondary teaching award from the Oral History Association for the field-based undergraduate research experiences she facilitates at Antioch College, 2017
- Solo Exhibition: Mercy Gallery, Loomis Chaffee School, Windsor, CT, January 2015
- Curated Booths: Miami Art Week, X Contemporary and Fridge Art Fair, December 2015
Awarded: The Adam Smith Fellowship on political Economy, a co-sponsored program by at the Mercatus Center and Liberty Fund, Inc. 2018
Honored at the event “El Semillero: idea incubator” by The Loisaida Center in the Lower East Side, the collective labor as co-founders of Eco Kit Initiative, will be recognized on February 27, 2018
Exhibition Review: "The Incomplete Araki: Sex, Life, and Death in the Works of Nobuyoshi Araki,” COOPH Magazine, Museum of Sex, New York, NY. Spring 2018
Paper: "Haitian Vodou Aesthetics and Resistance." College Art Association Annual Conference (CAA). Los Angeles, February 24, 2018
- Paper: "Technological Metamorphosis: Ontological Work Performed Through Body and Technology." at 73rd annual SECAC Conference. Roanoke, VA, October 19-22, 2016
- Panelist: "The Space of Art" featuring Montserrat College of Art, Professor of Humanities Kate Farrington in conversation with artist John Preus. Monserrat College, February 15, 2018
- Paper: "Place' through a Feast of the Five Senses: A Philosophical Consideration of Robin Kahn's 2012 art project dOCUMENTA (13): 'Dining in Refugee Camps: The Art of Sahrawi Cooking.'" in the panel, "Uneasy Feasts" at Pacific Association for the Continental Tradition Conference (PACT) 7th annual meeting, Seattle University, September 24-26, 2015, Seattle, WA
Paper: “Hilando Fino, Iteraciones (Fine Threadings, Iterations),” Destejer los Hilos de la Memoria (Unknitting Memory's Threads) Conference, Quito, Ecuador. October, 2018
Artist Residency and Partial Fellowship: Studios at MASS MoCA, January 2019
Group Exhibition: "Somewhere down the line, there's a fine line between a deadline and the bottom line," NARS Foundation, Brooklyn, NY, September 2018
- Appointed: Part-Time Faculty. Parsons School of Design, New York, NY, 2017
- Publication: "Interview with Simone Rocha," The Travel Almanac Magazine, 2017
Panelist: Body Maneuvers: Radical Shifts in Caribbean Transnational Identities. Caribbean Studies Association (CSA) 2018. Havana Cuba, June 4-8, 2018.
Choreographer: The Rite of Spring. Festival Ballet Providence. Providence, RI. March 2018.
- Accepted into juried exhibition, Visions of the Flint Hills, Buttonwood Art Space, Kansas City, Missouri, Juror: Lisa Grossman, October 2017
- Accepted into juried exhibition, Art of Living Photography Show, ACCI Gallery Berkeley, California, Juror: David Garnick, September 2017
Paper: “Kitsch and the Lack of Imagination,” at The Representational Art Conference (TRAC). Ventura, CA, April 2019.
Paper: “Breaking Fixity: John Cage, Art, and a New Understanding of Time” at Reviewing Black Mountain College 10 Conference, in partnership with University of North Carolina Asheville, September 28 – 30, 2018
Panel Chair: “Our Problem with the Concept of Time,” at SECAC (Southeast College Art Conference), held at the University of Alabama, Birmingham, October 17 - 20, 2018