- Recently accepted a part-time position in the Liberal Arts department at Detroit’s historic college of art and design, the College for Creative Studies.
- Jeanne and her husband, Billy Hunter, co-owners of MOSAIC Productions, will launch their new gallery, OFFICE SPACE. Situated in the heart of Detroit’s New Center, just down the block from the Albert Kahn designed Fisher Building, OFFICE SPACE Gallery will center its exhibitions on Detroit’s talented, yet often underserved artists and performers. On September 30, 2017, the gallery will host its inaugural exhibit with the opening of VANITY/DIVINITY: The Bird as Visual Metaphor, featuring artists Gwen Joy, Ed Meese and Robin Ward.
Paper: "Intimacy and Ideology: A Radical Proposition" at the Resistance: Psychoanalysis and Critical Theories Conference, Villanova University, April 2018.
Publication: "Whose Portrait Matters? Self-Representation and the Selfie Generation," published in Portraits of Who We Are exhibition catalog, David C. Driskell Center for the Study of Visual Arts and Culture of African Americans and the African Diaspora, University of Maryland, College Park, February 2018
- Recipient, Duchamp Research Scholarship from Friends of the Schwerin Museum, Germany. Scholarship was awarded based on master’s thesis in art history entitled “Closing the Infra-Thin Gap Between Marcel Duchamp’s The Bride Stripped Bare by Her Bachelor’s Even and Etant donnes”. Will present her findings of new research and will be published by the museum as Lecture Notes No. 5., Fall 2017.
- Presented paper: VR Refugee Therapy: Responding to Mental Health Crisis with Immersive Reality to Mitigate the Trauma of the Syrian Conflict in Refugees, at VR Healthcare Symposium 2018, Harvard Medical in Boston, MA, March 5-7, 2018.
- Presented paper: VR Refugee Therapy App: Postmodern Therapy and Immersive Reality at The 3rd Summer International Masonic Workshop, Athens, Greece, August 23-27, 2017
Fundação Joaquim Nabuco - Liza Renia Papi, research on Cordel Literature, December 12-22, 2019, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil.
Publication: The Aesthetic of Art - Quiz E-Book - Cognella Editors & University Press, September 2019
Paper: “Filtering Art, Filtering Self: Through the Lends of the Selfie” at SECAC, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, October 2018
Promoted to Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design., 2017
Preparator, Eugene Eda's Doors for Malcolm X College, Yates Gallery, Chicago Cultural Center, Jan 21-June 25, 2017
Moderator, Re-Imagining the Archive, Black Portraiture[s] III: Reinventions: Strains of Histories and Cultures Conference, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Paper: "Neuroaesthetics: The Cognitive and Applied Bridge between Math, Science, and Art" at the Women in Data + Science Conference, Saint Leo University, Florida. March 2019
- Presented paper, "The Simulacrum and the Effects on the Comic Book Hero," at the 10th Annual University of Albany Philosophical Association Graduate Student Conference, Albany, NY, April 8, 2017
- Appointed as adjunct instructor at Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, Utica, NY, 2016/17
Paper: “Schelling’s Practice of Pyromenology: The Elemental Imagination of Fire in the Cretan Ceramic Revolution at the North American Schelling Society (NASS) 6th Annual Meeting, University of Hawaii, Hilo. September 2018
Paper: "Impossible Aesthetics: Abstraction and Nothingness in the Ceramic Work of Peter Voulkos", The 12th Annual Meeting of The Comparative & Continental Philosophy Circle, Arizona State University, March 30-April 1, 2017
Workshop: “Identifying the novelty in designs: A Design Patent Examiner’s guided exploration of how to better understand the hermeneutics of ‘novelty’ in design patents and utilize patents in the design classroom” at the Thirteenth International Conference on Design Principals and Practices, St. Petersburg State University, Saint Petersburg, Russia. March, 2019
Lecture on “The Perceptual Experience of Past and Present Consciousness.” Lucca, Italy. 8th Euroacademia International Conference Europe Inside-Out: Europe and Europeanness Exposed to Plural Observers, September 2018.
Lecture on “The Riddle of Violence and Image: Inside the Dimensions of the Phenomena of Perception and Violence.” The World Phenomenology Institute Cambridge Conference. Forty-Second Annual Cambridge Conference Topic: Phenomenology and Aesthetics. Harvard University Faculty Club, Cambridge, Massachusetts. June, 2018
Appointed to the College Art Association (CAA) Board of Directors for the 2019-2024 term. February 2019
Appointed to Dean of Academic Affairs at the San Francisco Art Institute, effective January 2017
Curator, BANG TEMPLE Multimedia Exhibition, Cream & Cocoa Creamery, August 2017
Paper: “The Subversive Event: Overturning Institutionalized Identities” at SECAC, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, October 2018
Paper “Beings Toward Suicide: An Intersubjective Approach to the Artwork of On Kawara” in the panel chaired by Jennifer Rissler at SECAC, Roanoke, VA . October 2016
- Exhibited three videos at GZ-Basel, International Fair of Contemporary Art, June 2014
- Group exhibition, New York Now! 014 at Factory Art Gallery, May 2014
The Nomad Games and Kyrgyz nomadism photo story, NPR: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/03/22/699330147/headless-goat-polo-is-a-top-sport-at-world-nomad-games
Presentation: “Asexual Sex: Expanding Visions of Gender in Contemporary Chinese Art” at the “Re-Envisioning Gender in China” annual conference of the China Academic Network on Gender at the Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium . February 14 – 16, 2019
Presentation: “Aesthetic Visions of Emptiness: Art as Contemplative Practice” at the “Metaphor, Making, and Mysticism” annual conference of the Mystical Theology Network at the Department of Philosophy, Boston College, MA February 28 – March 3, 2019
Participation at Lighthouse's "Adventures 2019" in Seoul, Korea. Round table discussion "Morality and Entrepreneurship" a view from ecological art practices (March, 2019)
Publication: “Ethical Grounds: The Aesthetic Action of Soil” (Ch 8), in Art, Theory and Practice in the Anthropocene: Series in Art, edited by Julie Riess, Vernon Press, London & New York, 2018