- Recently accepted a part-time position in the Liberal Arts department at Detroit’s historic college of art and design, the College for Creative Studies.
- Jeanne and her husband, Billy Hunter, co-owners of MOSAIC Productions, will launch their new gallery, OFFICE SPACE. Situated in the heart of Detroit’s New Center, just down the block from the Albert Kahn designed Fisher Building, OFFICE SPACE Gallery will center its exhibitions on Detroit’s talented, yet often underserved artists and performers. On September 30, 2017, the gallery will host its inaugural exhibit with the opening of VANITY/DIVINITY: The Bird as Visual Metaphor, featuring artists Gwen Joy, Ed Meese and Robin Ward.
- Adjunct Lecturer in Art History 101 Westchester Community College, Spring 2018
- Published, “Pipilotti Rist’s I’m a Victim of This Song: The Rupture of Masculine (Swiss) Neutrality,” in Kunsttexte, Political Iconography.
Paper: "Crafting a New Capitalism: Materiality as Praxis" at ASU 2018 Graduate Philosophy Conference, Tempe, AZ. February 2018
Paper: "Crafting a New Capitalism: Materiality as Praxis" at The 6th Annual University of Toronto Centre for Ethics Graduate Student Conference, University of Toronto, CA. May 2018
Publication: "Whose Portrait Matters? Self-Representation and the Selfie Generation," published in Portraits of Who We Are exhibition catalog, David C. Driskell Center for the Study of Visual Arts and Culture of African Americans and the African Diaspora, University of Maryland, College Park, February 2018
- Exhibition: One More Way: REVOLT! Large-scale, immersive, site-specific, multi-channel video installation investigating the intimate poetics of communal text interpretation, commissioned by LABA House of Study at the 14th Street Y, NYC, February 2018
- Recipient, Duchamp Research Scholarship from Friends of the Schwerin Museum, Germany. Scholarship was awarded based on master’s thesis in art history entitled “Closing the Infra-Thin Gap Between Marcel Duchamp’s The Bride Stripped Bare by Her Bachelor’s Even and Etant donnes”. Will present her findings of new research and will be published by the museum as Lecture Notes No. 5., Fall 2017.
- Presented paper: VR Refugee Therapy: Responding to Mental Health Crisis with Immersive Reality to Mitigate the Trauma of the Syrian Conflict in Refugees, at VR Healthcare Symposium 2018, Harvard Medical in Boston, MA, March 5-7, 2018.
- Presented paper: VR Refugee Therapy App: Postmodern Therapy and Immersive Reality at The 3rd Summer International Masonic Workshop, Athens, Greece, August 23-27, 2017
- Publication: The Aesthetics of Art: Understanding What We See, Cognella Editors/University Press, November, 2017
- Curator: Peter Klohen’s exhibition with Yanna Elsa Brugal at the Havana Biennial, Cuba, March 2018
- Promoted to Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design., 2017
Preparator, Eugene Eda's Doors for Malcolm X College, Yates Gallery, Chicago Cultural Center, Jan 21-June 25, 2017
Moderator, Re-Imagining the Archive, Black Portraiture[s] III: Reinventions: Strains of Histories and Cultures Conference, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Presented paper, "The Simulacrum and the Effects on the Comic Book Hero," at the 10th Annual University of Albany Philosophical Association Graduate Student Conference, Albany, NY, April 8, 2017
- Appointed as adjunct instructor at Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, Utica, NY, 2016/17
- Presented paper "Impossible Aesthetics: Abstraction and Nothingness in the Ceramic Work of Peter Voulkos", The 12th Annual Meeting of The Comparative & Continental Philosophy Circle, Arizona State University, March 30-April 1, 2017
- Presented paper"Participatory Development, Travel and Community Engagement as an Aesthetic Foundation", Beyond the Core FATE 2017, Kansas City Art Institute, April 6-8th, 2017
Lecture on "A Genalogy of the Violent Image and the Image of Violence." Euroacademia: Europe Inside-Out (7th Edition), Porto, Portugal: Europe and Europeanness Exposed to Plural Observers. April 2017
Lecture on "Art and Violence: The Phenomena of Consciousness between the Trace of the Reversible." World Phenomenology Institute, Forty-First Annual Cambridge Conference. Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, June 2017
Appointed to Dean of Academic Affairs at the San Francisco Art Institute, effective January 2017
Co-chaired the session "Feminist Pedagogy Through Activist Arts Practices" with Laura Elizabeth Sapelly, for the Committee on Women in the Arts at CAA 2017 in New York, NY, Feb 12-15, 2017.
- Short Film, "Silla de Ruedas" represented Nicaragua at the ICARO 2015 International Film Festival, Guatemala, November 21- 27, 2015
- Presented paper, "Media Arts Education as an Open Field of Educational Practices" in the panel: "Art and Indeterminacy: Tactical Ambiguity in the Era of Standardized Testing" at Southeastern College Art Conference (SECAC), October 21-24, 2015, Pittsburgh, PA
- Was recently promoted from Associate Professor to Professor at Champlain College, Burlington, VT, Spring 2017
- Presented paper, "The Postmodern Sideshow and the Bakhtinian Dialogic: A reinvention of intersubjectivity within the simulated polyphony of mass media," at The 16th International Bakhtin Conference: Bakhtin in the Post-Revolutionary Era, Shanghai, China, hosted by Fudan University. September 2017
Curator, BANG TEMPLE Multimedia Exhibition, Cream & Cocoa Creamery, August 2017
- Presented paper “Beings Toward Suicide: An Intersubjective Approach to the Artwork of On Kawara” in the panel chaired by Jennifer Rissler at the 2016 SECAC Conference, Roanoke, VA Oct 19-22, 2016
- Exhibited three videos at GZ-Basel, International Fair of Contemporary Art, June 2014
- Group exhibition, New York Now! 014 at Factory Art Gallery, May 2014
- Presentation: will speak at the TEDxFulton Street program in NYC, June 2018
- Lecture: “Ai Weiwei: Global Artist, Borderless Humanist, Contemporary Emperor,” public lecture in conjunction with a year-long exhibition of Ai Weiwei’s “Circle of Animals/Zodiac Heads” sculpture series at the John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, FL, February 2018
Group Exhibition: Academy of Art University in San Francisco, November 2017
Solo Exhibition: Gavart Gallary, Paris France, February 1st - 20th, 2015